The foundation stone
The present brick Church was built between 1958-1959 with a marble interior and Altar by Alberti's, was started whilst Father Malone was still Parish Priest but sadly by the time it was completed and consecrated he had been moved. The presbytery as mentioned earlier was completed a number of years before the Church..
Father James Power was appointed as the new Parish Priest and due to the generosity , in many cases sacrifices of the parishoners was able to arrange the consecration of the new Church on the 12th May 1960. a record short time as all the funds had been raised to pay for the build.
The consecration of the interior and exterior of the new Church of the Parish of St.Stephen's was carried out by the then Bishop of Salford, the Right Rverend George.E.Beck. The stone commemerating this event is situated under the pulpit.
Father James Power was appointed as the new Parish Priest and due to the generosity , in many cases sacrifices of the parishoners was able to arrange the consecration of the new Church on the 12th May 1960. a record short time as all the funds had been raised to pay for the build.
The consecration of the interior and exterior of the new Church of the Parish of St.Stephen's was carried out by the then Bishop of Salford, the Right Rverend George.E.Beck. The stone commemerating this event is situated under the pulpit.